- NIS programmes endorsed by SCIE The Social Care Institute for Excellence has published their findings in relation to Models of care and care pathways to support the mental...
- Global award for Northamptonshire social worker with 'passion, dedication and genuine kindness' A children’s social worker at Northamptonshire County Council has won a global award for making a difference to the vulnerable...
- MST Gives Mum Skills to Turn Life Around Mum went from hopeless to in control after MST therapist reinforces skills As a Multisystemic Therapy (MST) supervisor, I always feel...
National Implementation Service
The National Implementation Service is a centre of excellence, committed to using best evidence to transform the lives of looked after children, children on the edge of care or custody, adopted children, and their families.
The NIS provides training and support for evidence based and research informed programmes for children’s social care, youth offending services and children’s mental health teams to radically improve the ways they support vulnerable children and their families.
We seek to innovate new responsive approaches and to influence the wider policy environment with the aim of placing the use of best evidence at the heart of developing, commissioning and implementing interventions in children’s services.
National Implementation Service Provision
For Multisystemic Therapy, KEEP, RESuLT, AdOpt, TFCO, and TEND - the NIS provides:
- Training in the programme models
- Organisational support for implementation
- Regular consultation and support to the local teams
- Sustainability planning, monitoring and evaluation
- Tailored support that leads to sites receiving their programme license (MST) or accreditation (KEEP, AdOpt, RESuLT, TFCO)
- Support for local and national data collection and evaluation and audit to demonstrate longer term outcomes
- Monitoring and guidance for model adherence for the interventions
The National Implementation Service (NIS):
- is delivered by the South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust (SLaM) and Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (CMFT) in collaboration with the Institute of Psychiatry, Kings College London.
- became the UK Network Partner of MST Services in 2012 and is now licensed to provide site setup, training and consultation to MST teams across the UK and training in Europe.
- became the UK Network Partner with the programme developers at the Oregon Social Learning Centre (OSLC) for TFCO in 2008 . This enables the NIS to offer the full range of TFCO consultation services to organisations in the UK.
- has a developed working relationship with Action for Children, and has delivered a number of services in partnership.
- is presently working with Family Action in order to offer TEND to more families across the UK.
- is a member of the European Implementation Collaborative.
- is working with Bridges Ventures in order to deliver and support services in the UK.
- has worked extensively with the (UK) Department for Education, the Health and Education Authority in Scotland, the Government Outcomes Laboratory, and the University of Oregon, amongst other leading Universities.